Monday, July 16, 2007

Welsford is back.




The Cochraine lane hiatus is over! Finally climbers are allowed back into (most of) this hallowed NB craig. I finally bit the bullet on Saturday and lead up Pink Panther Direct, which while burley, was not nearly as scary as I had it pegged to be. I do have a thing or two to learn about protecting roofs however.
Minkey was well populated on Saturday by those of us who braved the J Corey hangover to regain the glorious granite, and the peregrine's treated us to quiet the show by turfing a few of the local Vultures who got too close.
Sunday saw bizarre weather and cool climbing conditions. It turns out Its a Way of Life is just as good as it always was, and in the words of Burley "I still have to stop and remember to place pro".
Next week: Bar Harbor or Gumby's Roof? What's it gonna be?
Cheers,
Matthew.
Credits to F. Berube for the picture, until I can upload one of mine.

1 comment:

Stef said...

Nice send Matt, well done!

S.