Thursday, May 24, 2007

Rained out of the White Mountains, NH.




Got CHEWED in New Hampshire last weekend. Lots of cool hiking, but very little climbing. It Rained from start to finish. Team CLIMB FAT lived up to their name with a truely slothful weekend of Shopping and snacking. The only flirting with fitness that occurred was the assault on Tuckerman's Ravine at Mt Washington by Shawn, Denise, Dottie and I. Sub three hours, car to car, topping out just below the bowl. Truely an inspiring spot, I'll have to get back in there in the winter to make the traverse/climb some ice.
Kamouraska tomorrow, Hopefully DK and I will make up for our lackluster weekend in the Whites.
Also, Big shout out to Stef over there in the Gobi, We miss you lots, big guy.

4 comments:

Stef said...

Hey, Thanks dude. I am looking forward to coming home and doing some climbing! Rained out in NH eh? Gives me deja vu, I have been rained out there at least twice.

Cheers,

S.

Mathieu and Stacey said...

I actually met stef in a rained out NH trip, which didn't seem to bother him since he launched up a rock/waterfall climb. If I remember correctly we found dirt cheap accomodation next to a happening bar, team "one more drink" I think we called ourselves. Good times.

Matthew P. said...

Well, Im currently a one shot giggle, so drinking was limited. We stayed at the Attitash seasons condo's, and S. Bethune got us a sweet deal at $30 for the weekend, so I wasn't tooooo bummed. Certainly came back fatter than when I left.

Stef said...

Yah, that was the most fun rained-out climbing trip I have ever been on! How is Doctor K doing? I heard she got messed-up in Kam?