Monday, April 2, 2007

Alive at 25!


Holy crap.
One week until a quarter century. It just sorta dawned on me.
Now Im not complaining. I've got a good life, am plenty young, and am in good health. It just seems like 25 is supposed to be some kinda milestone. I don't really feel that way about it, as it's just another day like the birthdays of the last ten years or so. Course ten years ago I was only 15, so that makes me feel young. But in ten years I'll be 35, an age I've set for myself as one by which I will have a bit of the mystery of my future "sorted out". So that makes me feel a little more mature. Hmph. Lots to think about I guess. Makes me feel like writing a book. Kind of like riding the Montreal Metro.
Ah hell, Happy aging everybody! it's just another day, and the potential for each is just amazing.

On a slightly different note, it's almost eerie the number of people I become friends with that have birthdays on or next to mine.

Also, Props and credit to Fred Beckey, pictured above and still climbing hard at 83. I hope Im half as vigorous at his age.

1 comment:

Stef said...

Welcome to the old fart club Matt!